Greetings Blogosphere!

Hi everyone, thanks for stopping by the blog. Come stay a while, make yourself at home!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Silver Fox and the Banana Seat



The Silver Fox and the Banana Seat



The silver fox with the banana seat
Would know no boundary, surmount defeat.

A silver-gray and black and red
Was my new bike with it's new tread.

They said, be strong, be valiant to ride--
But only to end up on my side.

We won't give up without a fight
Our only hope is to stay upright

Tried again and again without success
Fell, scraped my knees-- oh what a mess!

The two uncles began to wonder
Why I couldn't ride, why I fell like thunder;

An uncle on the left and an uncle on the right,
Stable for a moment, then took flight:

Some hope and cheers began to abound,
But only to see me hit the ground...

Two uncles left, went back inside,
They knew that I would never ride.

It was just me and the silver fox,
Some dirt, pebbles, sticks and rocks.

Off to the station to fix my flat,
On the banana seat I wish I sat,

On the way back I tried once again,
My broken riding began to mend...

The first pedal was good and then the next
They flowed like a river, they flowed like text,

Sitting like a king on my banana seat
Transcending boundary, trumping defeat--

I could not give up without a fight,
We can ride all day, we can stay upright.

In the beginning I was on my side,
But can you believe it
I began to ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment